Reviews of Pure Income by Chad Shoop
Who is Chad Shoop?
Chad is a Chartered Market Technician (CMT), which is a professional achievement in the world of investing that fewer than 5,000 individuals around the world have earned.
This goes a long way when it comes to rating his market advice. CMT tests typically require an in-depth analysis of stock charts and test the individual’s fluency with statistical analysis, behavioral finance, risk management and technical investing strategies. Chad joined the Banyan Hill Publishing team in 2012, first taking over the Pure Income financial newsletter, then moving on to other newsletters including Automatic Profits Alert and Quick Hit Profits.
Chad’s strategies differ between newsletters in order to cater to different types of investors — those looking for quick weekly or monthly gains, and those looking for safer long-term gains.
What is Pure Income?
When Pure Income was first released in 2012, it was run by Evaldo Albuquerque and published under our old name, Sovereign Society. The newsletter focused on high-yielding equities and guaranteed returns of 11% or more by selling options. This strategy is likely familiar to savvy investors.
Since we rebranded Sovereign Society to Banyan Hill Publishing, the former services went through a major revamp — not only in the financial experts we support and market, but also the level of quality of our financial newsletter subscriptions.
The new Pure Income subscription led by Chad Shoop has seen significant gains for subscribers — notably in January of 2018, when Chad’s readers had the chance to collect a cumulative 112% in gains on the trades he recommended closing in that month alone. That’s huge!
How Pure Income Works
Chad Shoop’s Pure Income newsletter primarily focuses on selling put options to collect income from the premium, which means this is an income-based newsletter. In fact, Chad’s been able to deliver a win rate of an incredible 95% on short puts!
Through Chad’s service, you’ll learn how to sell put options. Chad explains that this is a win-win strategy because he only recommends selling puts on exciting companies that he wants to own. In each new trade, Chad includes a checklist that explains why he thinks anyone would like to own the stock. Then he shows how the stock meets what he calls his 3% rule, which means the stock has room to fall at least 3% before there’s a chance readers will have to buy the stock — and it also shows them how to lock in at least 3% in yield immediately. (Traders who have a margin account, which some people use to trade these kind of options, can lock in a lot more — generally at least 15% per trade!)
If you’re not familiar with selling put options, here’s the most important thing to know: An options contract covers 100 shares of the stock. You’re essentially making a bet that the stock won’t fall below a certain price, which is the option’s “strike price.” If it does, you’ll have to buy 100 shares for each option contract you sold at that price. So you may wind up paying above the stock’s price if shares fall below your strike price. Because you still have to pay the strike price for those shares. That’s why we only select strike prices that are at least 3% below where the stock is trading — to reduce the risk of this happening. Chad typically recommends holding his recommended options for about 90 days. So as long as the stock can stay above your strike price for three months, you can pocket the money you made and/or move it to a new trade.
This strategy is great for those who have a decent amount of money to invest, with the goal of earning extra income each month.
With Pure Income, Chad and his team (yes, every financial analyst is likely to have an entire crew working to make sure the recommendations are valid and verified twice-over) will send trade alerts. He’ll also get you up to speed with how to trade by selling put options if you’ve never done it before.
Like every other investment newsletter out there, if you disagree with a particular play, you don’t have to invest. Chad typically recommends a new trade every other week, so if you disagree with his rationale on a particular company or don’t want to risk owning 100 shares of the stock, you can skip it and wait for the next trade.
What Pure Income Includes:
- Weekly email updates on how the investments in the model portfolio are playing out.
- Bi-weekly Trade alerts that explain when to get in or out of a particular trade, and precisely how to complete the order.
- “Intro to Options” — an introductory course that tells you everything you need to know before you start trading options in the stock market.
- “7-Day Getting Started Series” packed with everything you need to know in order to be successful using the Pure Income
- “Power Options” — Videos Chad filmed showing you how to boost your options strategy and take it to the expert level.
- Model portfolio to view all open trade recommendations.
- Text alerts when a new email alert is waiting in your inbox.
- ***Free laptop and USB drive on promotional offer.
Things to Know
- Chad Shoop and Banyan Hill Publishing DO NOT call this a “get rich quick”
- You don’t have to invest if you subscribe.
- We ARE NOT stock brokers or licensed advisors. We are a publishing company that offers sound, analytic-based advice and recommendations.
- Our investment recommendations are never guaranteed.
- The Pure Income newsletter by Chad Shoop is around $1,995 for one year. There is no maintenance fee unless you opt in to the lifetime subscription for an additional $1,995. Then the annual fee is $9.97.
- Pure Income promises that you will have the chance to make $2,500 per month, or you can change to a different service within Banyan Hill Publishing.
- If you buy the Pure Income lifetime subscription, you have 90 days to cancel.
Pure Income Customer Service
- You can contact Banyan Hill Publishing’s customer service center at 866-584-4096.
- Connect with Chad Shoop on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/ChadShoopGuru/.
- Or, shoot an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org for specific inquiries.
Overall, if you are serious about investing, the $1,995 is well worth the year of weekly publications from a Chartered Market Technician. CMTs are trained to find good stock plays that have little risk.
Selling put options is not a new strategy, but beginner investors may not fully understand it. Pure Income can give you a solid year of experience and allow you to master selling options in the stock market. But keep in mind that playing the plays, following the trade alerts and making sure you are completing everything as Chad says is the best way to gain some traction. If not, you may end up an unhappy subscriber.
Chad’s readers were able to grab double-digit gains on five short put options between the months of July and August 2019. Prior to this winning streak, subscribers saw even more single- and double-digit gains in the first six months of the year. Pure Income subscribers report substantial gains year-round, see below for real subscriber testimonials.